Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tuesday, August 14

I was doing better with FlyLady stuff in July than in August. As I mull that over, I realize what part of the issue is. Hubby works four on, four off. When he's home, I don't get as much other stuff done. In July his shifts landed so he was off on weekends, more or less. Now his schedule has rotated around so he's home during the week (this week he's home from Monday morning to Thursday evening.) So for August, I've basically been maintaining: keeping up on laundry (which has never been a big issue), keeping the kitchen and bathroom sorted and cleaned, and running the vacuum every few days. What would normally happen in this routine is that I'd do a lot of cleaning--catch-up, as it were--on the weekend. However, I'm leaving at the crack of dawn on Friday for a whole week so that won't happen this weekend. I guess I need to analyze this rotation and try to see how much effort I should put into the FlyLady stuff when he's around and wanting attention. Though truly the house is better maintained now than it usually has been other weeks when his rotation hits this stage so maybe this pace is alright. Something for me to think about.

I went into Curves Tuesday morning and weighed in at 144. At least it didn't go up again. Because Aquafit is such an intense resistance training, I decided to ease back at Curves and focus on cardio. Curves is set up with resistance machines between recovery stations and a timer that goes off every thirty seconds to switch stations. So instead of working the machines, I spent 1 minute on the recovery board, then moved to the next one. I felt like I kept my heart rate up really well and may do that version again.

Had my breakfast after I got to work: soaked oats, cherries, vanilla yogurt and a mocha. Went home at lunch and fixed hubby and I a chef salad: greens, cuke, tomato, broccoli, a hard-boiled egg and a bit of bacon with Ranch, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and slivered almonds. I had a snack at work of peas, cherries, and later, some dark chocolate.

When I got home we were undecided for a bit whether we'd go to the beach for a swim but decided against it. I put on a pot of brown/ wild rice and made carrot salad (with raisins and non-fat mayo) while hubby prepped a salmon with onion, dill, and oregano, wrapped in foil and barbecued. DeLISH!

Somehow there were a ton of dishes. I also washed all my pickle jars from Sunday and finally got them put away in the cellar. Did hubby's work laundry. Ended the day with a banana milkshake and some reading.

No comments: