Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Tuesday, August 7

I sure noticed first thing in the morning that the kitchen wasn't as clean as I'd been keeping it all of July. I ignored it though (I'm pretty good at that, sadly...) and went for a bike ride. The weather has cooled off enough that I was glad I'd grabbed a hoody.

Because I wasn't back in the groove and so had not put rolled oats on to soak Monday evening, I had Fiber One, cherries, and vanilla yogurt for breakfast (and a mocha for at work). It was really busy at work after being closed for four days.

Hubby was working on the car all day so I didn't go home for lunch but bought a sandwich on whole grain foccacia (ham, tomatoes, cheese, and lots of sprouts). When I got home I watered the gardens and started cleaning the kitchen while cooking. Took three batches of dishes, and I'd let them sit till they'd mostly drained before putting them away and doing the next round. I didn't think I'd had THAT many!

Meanwhile I dumped a filter full of coffee grounds all over the counter, floor, and under the microwave. So now that section of my counter is quite clean.

Made an Asian-ish dish with chicken breasts and a variety of spices and edamame pods over brown-and-wild rice and cole slaw on the side. It was okay but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to do it again. :P

Once I'd gotten my morning stuff prepped I made banana milkshakes--and promptly dumped my glass off the counter. Thankfully it didn't break. So now my kitchen floor is very very clean. Wish I wasn't having such a clutzy day!

2 comments:

Karenee said...

On the positive side, look at how clean it's making your house!

Valerie Comer said...

sigh.