Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wednesday, August 8

Okay, things are starting to look a little organized again. I made it to Aquafit this morning and my muscles are still burning. A good burn, but still! I packed breakfast along being as I'm too lazy to eat before a 7:30 am workout. Brekkie these days is soaked oats, cherries, vanilla yogurt, 2 banana muffins and a mocha. Cherry season is nearly over and I shall be sad to see the last of it. They have to be my very favorite fresh fruit.

The weather is considerably cooler. I don't think it cleared 30 degrees Celcius today (so under 80 Fahrenheit). The cooler nights mean I'm sleeping a bit better again which helps a lot. Hubby met me in town for lunch and I ordered a pulled pork sandwich with a side salad instead of fries (go me!). I also left the top of the bun on my plate, so while it was a splurge, it wasn't a big one. A bit of dark chocolate rounded out my late afternoon.

Supper: Asian-style coleslaw, whole-wheat pasta, and pasta sauce with ground beef. (2 pieces of raisin bread toast (margarine) later).

Hubby left for the apartment right after supper and I kicked FlyLady into high gear. Well, sort of. She advocates picking one evening a week for what she calls a *House Blessing Hour*--basically the dusting and vacuuming blitz night. She has arbitrarily chosen Monday as her day. I think what works best for me is every eighth day just after hubby leaves. House usually needs it by then and I can work uninterrupted.

So now as I sit here the bedroom is mostly tidy, the bathroom has been swished and swiped (speaking of swiping, hubby stole my cleaning supplies for the apartment so they have to go back on my shopping list!), the coffee table hotspot and the peninsula hotspot have been cleared, the litterbox is clean, the dusting and vacuuming and dishes are done, the garbage is out in the truck (every second Thursday is garbage day at the shop so it worked out perfect this week), and breakfast is prepped and in the fridge. And it's only 9:12! WooHoo!

No comments: