Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back to routines--Monday, January 7

Oh how my routines have suffered over the past few weeks. I didn't realize quite how bad it was until I went back to work.

First off, there's that alarm thing that is so easy to ignore when you haven't heard it for awhile. Then there's the scramble to cook breakfast, before realizing you don't have time to eat it.

Yes, I took my porridge to work again! Sad but true. Also my mocha.

The first day back wasn't too hectic. I guess that means we did a fairly good job organizing shut down in December. Hubby was home at lunch and I went home and reheated turkey bean soup and made toast. Forgot to take snacks back to work with me, but polished off the last couple pieces of chocolate that I'd left in my microwave (the only place at work I leave food, because it's sealed against critters such as mice.)

Sunday evening I'd been organized enough to put supper in the crockpot, but forgot it in the fridge in the morning. Sigh. Phoned hubby mid-morning and he got it going. When I got home from work we racked three carboys of wine (the two plum and one...rosso?...whatever it is hubby's making...), had salad and our Moroccan-style stew, then hubby headed out the door for his loooooong drive to work.

And I looked around the house and said ENOUGH. Started the dishwasher, hand-washed the stuff that didn't fit. Cleaned off every single counter in the kitchen, including the appliance garage, and wiped them down. And put the mis-placed stuff AWAY. Monday is FlyLady's house blessing day, and my house badly needed blessing. I watered plants (why is that not on her list? Don't most people have plants?), cleaned mirrors and that one interior glass door, dusted the living room and kitchen, removed the last of the juniper bunches, which necessitated moving the couch to vacuum behind it, and the last few remaining Christmas decorations--did the vacuuming, and washed the kitchen floor. The floor hadn't been too bad before the wine siphoning. :P

Oh, yes. And listened to cats snarl and hiss periodically.

Ideally, I'd have cleaned upstairs too, but I was two hours in by then and tired, so I left the rest of the house blessing for tonight. Much of the Christmas decor is randomly stacked in my bedroom still, and the spare bed needs stripped and folded back up, etc. There's plenty yet to occupy me another evening.

I need to remember my goal: get going with FlyLady as often as I stop...

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wow. That was some blessing session. Nicely done, too.