Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Bear Wins

The winning score officially goes to the bear. His masterful stroke was leaving a pile of scat on our road, a hefty stone's throw from our house. I no longer have a running date outside on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6:45 and am scrambling for a new plan. I'd thought all would be good until the snow started to fly and the road got slushy or icy; that could take a couple months yet. I hear rumors that someone in the family has a treadmill that's not in use so we're looking into bringing it to our house.

I'm not so concerned about Saturdays and Sundays because I can go later in the day when there are more vehicles on the road. (Imagine considering contending with traffic to be a bonus...) On Saturday afternoon I took my bike out for a nice long ride (while the salsa simmered!). It was a very pleasant day, sunny and warm with a light breeze. Sunday was when I saw the bear droppings. Monday I went to Curves. Tuesday (today) I slept in an hour because I was NOT getting up to run. Maybe after work. I'll have to see how the day goes.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Yikes! (tugs at collar) I hadn't read this before reading your comment about the bears not reminding you of your cat.

For what's it's worth, it was the paws on the black one and the coloring on the brown one that reminded me most of my 'Tasha. Oh, yes, and the yawn.

Finding them in my front yard would be a non-starter. Plan B sounds very wise.